St Luke’s RC Primary School is committed to providing a secure and supportive environment in which children can develop and grow into mature and responsible people. Safeguarding children is a central part of our school to ensure that children are protected from abuse and neglect and that every child reaches their full potential. This is achieved by:
- Creating an ‘it could happen here’ culture.
- Creating an environment whereby high standards of work, effort and behaviour are expected and rewarded with praise and encouragement.
- Providing a curriculum, which will help all children to develop their full potential.
- Providing appropriate training and learning opportunities to sustain the personal and professional development of all staff, governors and volunteers.
- Developing a community where everyone feels valued and secure, shows understanding of others, respects diversity and promotes equality of opportunity and encourages a sense of pride.
- Working in partnership with parents by offering support, information and advice about their child’s learning and development.
Our Designated Safeguarding Leads are:
- Mrs Kerrane
- Mrs Bullough
- Mrs Okoli
If you are ever concerned about any child please speak to Mrs Kerrane, Mrs Bullough, Mrs Okoli or any member of the Senior Management Team.