Welcome to St Luke’s R.C. Primary School
Welcome from the Headteacher
St Luke’s is a Voluntary Aided Catholic Primary School situated in the Irlams O’th Height area of Salford. The children who attend our school come mainly from the parishes of St Luke’s and SS Peter and Paul.
The school was opened on 29th August 1938 to cater for boys and girls of junior age, with 110 pupils on roll. Sister Veronica Mary C.P. was the first head teacher, who together with four members of staff made up the staff team at that time.
One year later, due to the outbreak of the Second World War, sixty of St Luke’s…